Doodle is a free web-based service which simplifies the process of scheduling events, meetings, and appointments. This event-scheduling service simplifies coordinating events by polling invitees and then deciding on a time, place, and any other relevant matters on one page. It offers both the mobile Web app and a native App for the iPhone and Android.
Users can create a poll listing choices of dates and times for participants, and then send it out to invitees. Invitees enter choices on the poll, indicating which days and times work for them. The user can view the results of the poll on the Doodle web site and can choose the best time for the majority of the invitees.
Doodle also features “MeetMe” which will let users offer meeting partner(s) the option to select from the user’s free time. Friends and co-workers can even use the MeetMe option to request a meeting. Doodle has connectivity with most calendar and contact systems, including Outlook, iCal, and Google Calendar. Events are automatically exchanged between the two systems.
The free Doodle account is sufficient for most users. Registration is not required to start scheduling events in Doodle, but it is recommended. Without an account, Doodle will e-mail a link to the poll, but, if the URL is lost, the poll is lost as well. With an account, users can sign in and see created polls, send free polls online, and make polls of the “yes or no” or “yes, no, or maybe” varieties, and then hide poll results so only the user can view.
- Create a free Doodle account.
- Once your account is activated and you have logged in, click on schedule an event.
- Create an event and send an invitation to yourself. You will receive two emails – a participant link and an admin link.
- Open the participant link to view and respond to the poll as invitees would.
- If desired, click on the Make A Choice tab on the home page and investigate its features.